Promotional Facts and Questions
What is a partial highlight? (pictured)
- A partial highlight is literally a highlight service that applies highlights to only part of your head. Highlights are placed, typically, in only the mohawk section of your head, although some stylists consider a partial highlight to be the top half, or the top and side sections of your head. It's really up to the stylist's discretion based on the look you're going for if a partial highlight is the service you're looking for.
Partial highlights can be very natural looking and are designed to lighten the hair in a similar manner to the way the sun would lighten your hair, although a partial highlight service can be dramatic and bold as well by only placing a few, heavy highlights in one specific area of your hair. (up to 60 grams of bleach, more than this becomes a full highlight or is due to excess length or density of hair)
Partial highlights are less expensive than a full highlight service.
Please keep in mind any previously colored or chemically treated hair may result in a different approach as this effects the bleaching process. The Desired results may also need toners to correct the hairs color to reach the desired look!
What is an all over color?
- Also commonly called “single-process hair color,” all-over color is a one-step process that involves coating the hair with a single shade. (this does not included any form of bleaching)
Within all-over/single process hair color, there are three levels: semi-permanent, demi-permanent, and permanent. (up to 80 grams of color is what is included in the promotion and fully covers the average length and density of hair more than this is due to an excess length or thickness of hair)
All over colors can carry a range of options, From changes to grey coverage to covering up otherwise corrective work. from brown to maroon, to blondes (blonde tones usually only if its close to your natural color or you have virgin hair) so we do suggest just talking with your stylist about your options. We are always here to answer any questions you have!
As their names suggest, they vary in strength and in how long they last. Permanent color, obviously, lasts the longest. It’s also typically the only all-over color that employs ammonia (or ammonia derivatives), meaning that it’s a little tougher on your strands, but it can lighten or darken your hair up to 4 levels in either direction (4 levels of lift is majority only on virgin hair, meaning your hair has not been touched by any color or chemical services. ever. or at least within the last 3 - 5 years depending on the length of your hair. Color does not lift color so previously dyed hair may need lightening to extract the current color pigment in the hair before desired color can be achieved)
Demi-permanent hair color is far gentler on your tresses, but in exchange, it doesn’t last quite as long. It generally only lasts 24-26 shampoos.
Of course, you can probably guess by now that semi-permanent hair color is the gentlest—and the fastest to fade. If you’re not quite ready to commit to a color, you can always try out a semi-permanent shade before you take the plunge.
So, you've purchased one of our promotional packages or are thinking about purchasing one and we are so excited to meet you! We know you probably have questions about your upcoming service, so here is some information to help guide you to your next step!
We do suggest a FREE 15 minute consultation before all services to ensure you are getting what you want! You are always told up front before we begin your service what will be done at your agreement and if there are any additional charges you will only be paying the difference of price between the service purchased with your promotion and the service you desire!
How do i go about making an appointment?
- Give us a call at the salon and we will be more than happy to walk you through everything you need to know to get you set up with an appointment with the right stylist for you!
- Check out the online booking page here on the website!
What are toners?
- Your final color comes from the toning process. You can go anywhere with a toner. On blondes, cooler toner makes the color more silvery and warmer toner makes it more coppery. Toning is the most important part of the color process. They are usually not included in the price of your promotional voucher and range between $20 and $40 more depending on the length of your hair. Although this step is not required, it is usually desired.
Demi-permanent colors, a.k.a. glosses, deposit color without lightening the hair. "Glosses typically last about six to eight weeks, and there is no grow-out process; they just fade out of the hair," Glosses work for clients who switch up their hair color more often, or want to try something new without the commitment of permanent color.
Purple and blue toning products—like the commonly-used purple shampoos and conditioners—work to eliminate brassiness. Purple toning products are perfect for blondes, since the violet reduces yellow tones and eliminates brassiness to keep blonde hair looking fresh, while blue toning products are perfect for brunettes since the blue cancels out orange tones and increases luster in the hair.
What is my desired hair considered?
Will i have to pay more?
- All of this depends on your hair and the history of your hair, if you are wanting any of the pictures similar to the ones shown here they are considered a Full Highlight, A Balayage, a Foilage, a Fashion Color, a double process all over blonde or a Color Correction ( for more color correction information CLICK HERE) and will most likely result in extra charges. These charges can range from $20 and up!
What if my hair has been previously colored?
- This may or may not effect the price of your promotional service and the methods used to achieve your desired hair. Our stylists will walk you through everything you need to know about your hair and the best method to get you what you want in the healthiest way possible.
Commonly asked blonding answer: If you have been dyeing your hair with box dye or professional dye and want to be blonde you may or may not be in for a multiple visit appointment. All of this is dependent again on what you are wanting your end result to be!
Again, remember, you are not required to upgrade to any of the following services and can always just use the voucher for the partial highlight or all over color included!
If you have any questions that aren't listed here please give us a call or send us a message and we will be more than happy to assist you with any further questions!